Looking for a healthy way to curb your sweet tooth, get a ton of antioxidants and nutrients AND natural energy in one bite? Our homemade Matcha Energy Balls are packed with all the good stuff to keep you alert and healthy through a busy day. And the best part is, there is no baking involved!
What You’ll Need:
1 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Shavings
½ Cup Grass-fed Organic Butter
1 Cup Chopped Dates (in a food processor works best!)
¼ Cup Chopped and Ground Almonds
¼ Cup Chopped and Ground Pistachios
¼ Cup Chopped and Ground Cashews
2 TBSP Virgin Coconut Oil (cold pressed and unrefined!)
1) In a food processor or blender, mix the 1 cup unsweetened coconut shavings and ½ cup of grass-fed organic butter, creating your own homemade coconut butter!
2) Add a handful of dates into the food processor until finely ground.
3) In a medium mixing bowl, add 1 tsp of Tenzo Premium Matcha Powder and gently fold/mix together the coconut butter and chopped dates until blended evenly.
4) Next, separately chop up the pistachios, almonds, and cashews. Place each separately chopped nut in individual dishes…this will become the beautiful topping of your energy balls!
5) Grab a small ping-pong sized ball of the new Matcha mixture from the mixing bowl. Roll the mixture around in your hands until it becomes spherical in shape.
6) Dip and roll the matcha energy ball in the nut topping of your choice! Place these newly formed matcha energy balls on a cooking sheet or wax paper to later be placed in the fridge.
7) Repeat until all of your mixture is gone.
8) Place the cooking sheet with the Matcha Energy Balls in the fridge. This step should take about 20-30 minutes until the balls become solid. Check them around 20 minutes to see if they have completely hardened!
These energy balls are filled with healthy fats, protein, and of course, Matcha! I can’t begin to tell you how happy your body and mind will be after eating these Energy Balls. YUM! If you want to learn more about how important antioxidants are for your health both physically and mentally, click here and check out our article on all of the benefits of Matcha!
Hope you enjoyed this recipe, there are many more to come! Happy Matcha Madness!
Get started with Tenzo Matcha Green Tea today and check out our delicious natural flavors :)